- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Leftover mashed potatoes, about 2 cups (500 ml)
- 3 tbsp butter (45 ml)
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (250 ml)
- 3 tbsp flour (45 ml)
- 1/2 cup white wine (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup half and half (125 ml)
- 3/4 cup 1% milk (175 ml)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 ml)
- 2 cups scallops (500 ml)
- 2 cups cooked shrimp (medium size) (500 ml)
- 1 cup gruyere cheese (250 ml)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place leftover mashed potatoes in a large heavy freezer bag.
- Squish the mashed potatoes to one corner of the bag and slice the tip of the bag off with scissors.
- Line the edge of 4 small oven proof dishes with a heavy stream of mashed potatoes, approx. 1/2 inch thick.
- Once the edge of the dish is lined with potato, work the potato with the back of a spoon to create an even rounded edge.
- With the back side of a salad fork, press down on the rounded edge to mimic a fluted piping edge.
- Set dishes aside in refrigerator.
- In a med size pan, melt butter at med-low heat. Wash and chop green onion and add to pan.
- Wash and slice mushrooms and add to pan.
- Sauté for approx 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour all over onion and mushrooms. Gradually whisk in (leftover) white wine.
- Whisk in half and half and then milk.
- Stir until mixture begins to thicken slightly. Stir in salt, scallops and cooked, cleaned shrimp. Heat through.
- Fill the center of each potato piped dish with the seafood until it comes just past the bottom ridge of the piped potato.
- Grate a little gruyere cheese directly on top.Place in pre-heated oven.
- Set timer for 15 minutes, or until cheese starts to crust and potatoes form a golden crust.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More