INDIVIDUALLY PLATED “POTATO COQUILLES SHELLS”
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Leftover mashed potatoes, about 2 cups (500 ml)
- 3 tbsp butter (45 ml)
- 2 green onions
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (250 ml)
- 3 tbsp flour (45 ml)
- 1/2 cup white wine (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup half and half (125 ml)
- 3/4 cup 1% milk (175 ml)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 ml)
- 2 cups scallops (500 ml)
- 2 cups cooked shrimp (medium size) (500 ml)
- 1 cup gruyere cheese (250 ml)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place leftover mashed potatoes in a large heavy freezer bag.
- Squish the mashed potatoes to one corner of the bag and slice the tip of the bag off with scissors.
- Line the edge of 4 small oven proof dishes with a heavy stream of mashed potatoes, approx. 1/2 inch thick.
- Once the edge of the dish is lined with potato, work the potato with the back of a spoon to create an even rounded edge.
- With the back side of a salad fork, press down on the rounded edge to mimic a fluted piping edge.
- Set dishes aside in refrigerator.
- In a med size pan, melt butter at med-low heat. Wash and chop green onion and add to pan.
- Wash and slice mushrooms and add to pan.
- Sauté for approx 1 minute.
- Sprinkle flour all over onion and mushrooms. Gradually whisk in (leftover) white wine.
- Whisk in half and half and then milk.
- Stir until mixture begins to thicken slightly. Stir in salt, scallops and cooked, cleaned shrimp. Heat through.
- Fill the center of each potato piped dish with the seafood until it comes just past the bottom ridge of the piped potato.
- Grate a little gruyere cheese directly on top.Place in pre-heated oven.
- Set timer for 15 minutes, or until cheese starts to crust and potatoes form a golden crust.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More