- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large whole chicken
- 4 oz. Creole Butter Injection sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped into large pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into large pieces
- 1 med. onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped into large pieces
- Garlic powder
- Creole seasoning
- Place chicken in a microsafe container.
- Rub Creole seasoning and garlic powder, to taste, over chicken.
- Inject chicken breasts, legs, and thighs with the Creole Butter sauce.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice of both halves over chicken.
- Stuff squeezed lemon halves into cavity of bird, along with the green onions.
- Place chopped green onion, celery and bell pepper around the chicken.
- Double wrap with Saran Wrap - do not vent.
- Cook in microwave for 9 minutes per pound.
- This chicken will be very moist and delicious, and surprisingly, it will brown just like it would if you baked it in a regular oven.
NotesI attended a one-day cooking class in New Orleans several years ago, and this was one of my favorite recipes from that class.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More