- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large whole chicken
- 4 oz. Creole Butter Injection sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped into large pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into large pieces
- 1 med. onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1 large lemon
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped into large pieces
- Garlic powder
- Creole seasoning
- Place chicken in a microsafe container.
- Rub Creole seasoning and garlic powder, to taste, over chicken.
- Inject chicken breasts, legs, and thighs with the Creole Butter sauce.
- Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice of both halves over chicken.
- Stuff squeezed lemon halves into cavity of bird, along with the green onions.
- Place chopped green onion, celery and bell pepper around the chicken.
- Double wrap with Saran Wrap - do not vent.
- Cook in microwave for 9 minutes per pound.
- This chicken will be very moist and delicious, and surprisingly, it will brown just like it would if you baked it in a regular oven.
NotesI attended a one-day cooking class in New Orleans several years ago, and this was one of my favorite recipes from that class.
50 Shades of Taste
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Mom's Spanish Rice
Simply Delicious Mac-n-Cheese Casserole
Holiday BellsSee More