- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 C. farro
- sea salt
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 med. tomato chopped or a handful of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 C. coarsely chopped fennel (be generous)
- 1/4 C. Italian parsley chopped coarsely
- 1/4 C. thinly sliced celery
- 2 jalapeños seeded and minced
- zest of 1/2 lemon (organic)
- 3-4 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice or to taste(I used more than called for)
- Rinse the farro under running water,drain and transfer to a pan.
- Cover with water an inch over the grain.
- Add a good pinch of salt.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 40-60 minutes or until the farro is tender but al dente.
- Drain and transfer to serving bowl.
- Add the vegetables and parsley.
- Dress with the oil and lemon juice and let sit so the flavors can get to know each other.
NotesI adapted this recipe from Nancy Harmon Jenkins cookbook Cucina Del Sole last night for dinner along with roast turkey breast and a green salad with fresh herbs. Very nurturing!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More