- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyère cheese (1 ounce)
- 1 pound 90%-lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat a grill to medium-high or preheat the broiler.
- Combine Cheddar and Gruyère in a small bowl.
- Gently mix beef, Worcestershire, paprika and pepper in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking. Shape into 8 thin, 4-inch-wide patties. Mound 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each of 4 patties, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Cover each with one of the remaining patties. Crimp and seal the edges closed.
- 4. To grill: Lightly oil the grill rack (see Tip, below). Grill the stuffed patties over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well. (Be sure not to press the burgers as they cook or they'll split open and the cheese will ooze out.) To broil: Cover a broiler pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Broil the stuffed patties in the upper third of the oven, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well. In either case, let the burgers stand for 5 minutes at room temperature before serving.
NotesMade this only once but it was the best burger I have eaten. Need to make it again soon. I just love the WW group I belong to bc they do provide me a ton of great recipes.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More