- Cooking Time: 8-10
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 pound ground beef, 90 percent lean
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat the broiler.
- Combine cheddar and Gruyere in a small bowl.
- Gently mix beef, Worcestershire, paprika and pepper in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking.
- Shape into eight thin, 4-inch-wide patties.
- Mound 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each of 4 patties, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Cover each with one of the remaining patties. Crimp and seal the edges closed.
- To grill: Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill the stuffed patties over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well.
- (Be sure not to press the burgers as they cook or they'll split open and the cheese will ooze out.)
- To broil: Cover a broiler pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Broil the stuffed patties in the upper third of the oven, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well. In either case, let the burgers stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Delightful DessertsSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More