- Cooking Time: 8-10
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 pound ground beef, 90 percent lean
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat the broiler.
- Combine cheddar and Gruyere in a small bowl.
- Gently mix beef, Worcestershire, paprika and pepper in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking.
- Shape into eight thin, 4-inch-wide patties.
- Mound 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each of 4 patties, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Cover each with one of the remaining patties. Crimp and seal the edges closed.
- To grill: Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill the stuffed patties over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well.
- (Be sure not to press the burgers as they cook or they'll split open and the cheese will ooze out.)
- To broil: Cover a broiler pan with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Broil the stuffed patties in the upper third of the oven, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well. In either case, let the burgers stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Naked MacaronSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More