INSIDE OUT UPSIDE DOWN LASAGNA
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pkg. bow tie pasta, cooked
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 1/4 lbs. Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 (32oz.) ricotta
- 2 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 table spoons fresh snipped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350.
Cook sausage, breaking it up until almost done.
Add onions and garlic cook until softened and sausage is done.
Stir in pasta sauce, tomatoes and basil.
Remove from heat.
In bowl lightly beat eggs with whisk.
Add Ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper.
To assemble, spray 9 x 13 dish with cooking spray.
Place pasta in dish.
Top with meat mixture.
Spoon ricotta mixture over sauce.
Spread evenly and bake 1 hour or until ricotta is set and lightly brown.