- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2 generous portions
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 c. Organic Integrale Rice
- 3 c. vegetable stock (you may, of course, use any type of stock you like)
- 1/2 c. dry white wine
- 3 Tbls. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 Tbls. olive oil
- 1/4 c. diced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. Dried Black Trumpet Mushrooms, re-hydrated and chopped, or fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan
- salt and pepper
- Bring the stock to a boil in a pot on the back burner and reduce heat to very low.
- Melt 2 Tbls. of butter in a large skillet or a dutch oven. Add oil and onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the rice and cook 1 or 2 minutes, until rice is toasted and coated with butter and oil.
- Add the wine and cook until evaporated. Add a few ladles of stock until rice is just covered. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until stock has been absorbed. Continue adding stock in this manner, a little at a time, until all stock has been absorbed and rice is creamy, 15 - 20 minutes). Stir in remaining butter, mushrooms, Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Naked MacaronSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More