- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 lbs butter (3 sticks) softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 8oz. Pkg cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups sifted white flour
- Cream butter, sugar and then add eggs.
- Mix in the cream cheese and vanilla and then a cup at a time add the flour. The batter will be velvety.
- Bake 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours in a prepared bundt pan.
- It is done when golden brown. It smells so good too.
NotesI got this recipe from my dear friend Coelleen, She said it was authentic and that her Dad gave it to her. She made everyone she knew one for Christmas and shared the recipe freely. Saddly she passed away a couple of years ago. I miss her greatly and try to make this every St. Patricks Day. This is the most sinfully delicious cake I have ever eatten. Irish Dairy Cake was made to go with either Bailey's or Irish Coffee.
I have reduced the sugar to 2 1/2 cups. Everything else is correct.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More