- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 60 small or 9 large
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 ( 9 oz ) box of chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1 (.25 oz) package of unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 TBSP Bailey’s Irish Creme liqueur
- 1 cup whipping cream
- chocolate shavings to garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F .
- Combine all the crust ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Press the crumbs into a n ungreased 8 inch square baking pan.
- Bake the crust until it is set, about 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, put 1/4 of half and half into a small saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Then add the remaining 1/4 of half and half and the sugar.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Take off of the heat and stir in the liqueur.
- Let this set until cooled, about 20 minutes.
- Beat the whipping cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks start to form. Gently stir the cooled gelatin mix into the whipped cream.
- Mix until smooth.
- Pour this over the cooled crust and refrigerate until set, at least 1 hour.
NotesA great recipe for writer's (blogger's) block!
MetroCooking Texas 2013
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Lemon and Rosemary Chicken and Potatoes
Peanut Butter Butterfinger CookiesSee More