- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup Irish Cream liqueur
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft and creamy.
- Gradually add sugar at medium speed for 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until the yellow has disappeared.
- Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water, stir in liqueur.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured tube pan. Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 cup Irish Cream liqueur
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Mix confectioners' sugar and liqueur until a thick syrup is formed.
- Drizzle over the cake and top with toasted almonds.
- Note: This cake freezes VERY well :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More