- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup Irish Cream liqueur
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft and creamy.
- Gradually add sugar at medium speed for 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until the yellow has disappeared.
- Dissolve coffee granules in boiling water, stir in liqueur.
- Add flour to butter mixture alternately with coffee mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Mix at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured tube pan. Bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 cup Irish Cream liqueur
- 3 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds
- Mix confectioners' sugar and liqueur until a thick syrup is formed.
- Drizzle over the cake and top with toasted almonds.
- Note: This cake freezes VERY well :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More