- Cooking Time: 65
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil - and some for drizzling
- 3 - 4 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup (half a bottle) stout beer (guiness or....)
- 4 slices, about 1" thick, good quality white bread, stale or lightly toasted and torn.1 cup whole milk (I used the skim I had on hand)
- 1/2 lb. deli cut corned beef brisket, chopped
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup grated Irish (or any old) sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 lb good quality, thinly sliced smokey bacon, get it at your butcher counter
- Preheat oven to 357 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil, a turn of the pan, in a medium skillet over medium to medium-high heat.
- Add celery, onion, carrot and garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute to soften, 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in beer and stir.
- Let beer reduce by half.
- Turn off heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile, soak the bread in milk.
- Grind the corned beef in a food processor.
- Wring out the bread and add it ot the meat, crumbling it into small crumbs over the bowl.
- Season with salt, pepper, mustard, cayenne and Worchestershire sauce.
- Add eggs then mix with your hands to combine.
- Form meat into a long brick shape about 4 inches high on the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Wrap bacon slices across the top then around the sides of the loaf.
- Bake 1 hour in the middle of the oven then switch on broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon!
NotesSaw this on Paddy's Day on Rachel Ray.
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Summertime SippersSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More