Irish Soda Bread
4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups buttermilk [(1 T + 1½ tsp vinegar) + milk to 1½ cups]
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Lightly grease one big muffin pan.
3. In a large bowl, stir the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt together.
4. Add eggs (beaten), buttermilk, and oil to a little well in the center of the dry ingredients and mix 'em before stirring them in.
5. Stir until a soft dough has formed.
6. Shape the dough into a large ball on a lightly floured board (flour your hands if necessary for easier handling).
7. Separate into small handfuls and press into lightly greased muffin pan compartments.
8. With a sharp knife, make a cross on the top. (optional)
9. Bake in the center of the oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
*recipezaar (instructions modified by me): Irish Soda Bread Recipe #53895