IRISH SODA BREAD
- Cooking Time: 70
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pint sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups raisins
- Caraway seeds (optional)
- Put dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add raisins and caraway seeds if using and stir to coat.
- Beat eggs.
- Add eggs, sour cream and buttermilk.
- Mix well.
- Put dough in a greased 10” spring form pan, or mound on cookie sheet, pizza pan, baking stone, or use two loaf pans.
- Mark a cross in the dough.
- Bake at 350 for 60 – 75 minutes.
- Test for doneness with a cake tester.
- Loaf pans will need less time to bake.
- Test at 45 minutes.
- Can half recipe and make one loaf, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More