- Cooking Time: 70
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pint sour cream
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups raisins
- Caraway seeds (optional)
- Put dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add raisins and caraway seeds if using and stir to coat.
- Beat eggs.
- Add eggs, sour cream and buttermilk.
- Mix well.
- Put dough in a greased 10” spring form pan, or mound on cookie sheet, pizza pan, baking stone, or use two loaf pans.
- Mark a cross in the dough.
- Bake at 350 for 60 – 75 minutes.
- Test for doneness with a cake tester.
- Loaf pans will need less time to bake.
- Test at 45 minutes.
- Can half recipe and make one loaf, if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More