- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 3 cups cooked potatoes
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- pinch salt
- Bacon grease or butter.
- Mash potatoes and warm them up in the oven or microwave.
- Mix potatoes with flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add enough buttermilk to make a stiff batter.
- Heat a large skillet (iron is best), then add bacon grease or butter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the grease to make large or small cakes - whichever you like. Serve immediately with butter.
NotesThe Irish potato pancakes, are best made with leftover mashed potatoes form the night before. I like to add black pepper.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Mushroom & Nut Pate
Chuck's Pumpkin Cup Pie: Pushing DaisiesSee More