- Cooking Time: 35-40
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Brownies: Beat together the butter, cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed in medium-size bowl for about 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl; beat for another 1 minute. Beat in the eggs and vanilla; beat 2 minutes.
- Stir together the flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder in another bowl.
- On low speed, gradually beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture; beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. Stir in peanut butter chips. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake in 325 degree F oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Let cool in pan on wire rack.
- Frosting: Beat together the butter and cocoa powder in a small bowl until blended. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar alternately with the milk and vanilla until well blended.
- Spread frosting over cooled brownies. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 36 brownies. Makes 36 brownies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Italy or Bust
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More