- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI have been fortunate to obtain this recipe from my honey. It is my understanding that it is an old recipe. I can confirm that it can lead to the most incredible shish kabobs ever. He obtained the recipe from his friend's mother years ago.
- 1 or 2 (10 oz.) bottles lite soy sauce
- 1 oz. bourbon
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 clove fresh garlic--minced
- 1 T. oil
- 1 t. grated fresh ginger
- a dash (or more) pepper
- Blend all ingredients and allow flavors to marry.Prepare shish kabobs on soaked sticks. Beef tenderloin and veggies of choice, along with fresh pineapple make great choices.
- Allow shish kabobs to marinate until cooking time. The possibilities are endless. This marinade is great on any meat, poultry, or seafood. Cook over an open grill until done.
- I have seen some serious parties come to a halt when these are grilled. If per chance you fix too many (which is not likely) they will keep in the fridge for several days in the marinade.