- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 ripe large banana
- ½ cup crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons softened unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tablespoon milk
- 1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line your pans with cupcake liners (18 standard)
- 2) In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, oil, pecans, banana, pineapple, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs with an electric mixer.
- 3) Evenly divide batter among cupcake cups (use melon baller or cookie disher for perfect portions)
- 4) Bake for 22-25 minutes, rotating halfway, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 5) Cool completely on wire racks
- 1) With an electric mixer, combine softened cream cheese and butter.
- 2) Once creamy, add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
- 3) If you need a thicker frosting, add more powdered sugar, and if you need it to be thinner, add more milk.
- Make them Island drinks:
- Pick your favorite tropical drink and let it inspire you and your cupcakes
- Choose a food color for your frosting:
- Pina Colada (yellow), Strawberry Daiquiri (pink), Mojito (green), Raspberry Orange Spritzer (lavender)
- Flavorize with fruit and other add-ons:
- Pina Colada (coconut & pineapple), Strawberry Daiquiri (strawberries), Mojito (lime & mint leaves), Raspberry Orange Spritzer (raspberries & mandarin oranges)
- Decorating ideas: toothpick umbrellas, paper flowers, and mini straws
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More