Island Drink Cupcakes
1 ½ cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar
6 Tablespoons Canola Oil
¼ cup chopped pecans
1 ripe large banana
½ cup crushed pineapple in juice
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 large eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
4 oz softened cream cheese
3 Tablespoons softened unsalted butter
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ tablespoon milk
1) Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line your pans with cupcake liners (18 standard)
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, oil, pecans, banana, pineapple, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs with an electric mixer.
3) Evenly divide batter among cupcake cups (use melon baller or cookie disher for perfect portions)
4) Bake for 22-25 minutes, rotating halfway, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5) Cool completely on wire racks
1) With an electric mixer, combine softened cream cheese and butter.
2) Once creamy, add powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.
3) If you need a thicker frosting, add more powdered sugar, and if you need it to be thinner, add more milk.
Make them Island drinks:
Pick your favorite tropical drink and let it inspire you and your cupcakes
Choose a food color for your frosting:
Pina Colada (yellow), Strawberry Daiquiri (pink), Mojito (green), Raspberry Orange Spritzer (lavender)
Flavorize with fruit and other add-ons:
Pina Colada (coconut & pineapple), Strawberry Daiquiri (strawberries), Mojito (lime & mint leaves), Raspberry Orange Spritzer (raspberries & mandarin oranges)
Decorating ideas: toothpick umbrellas, paper flowers, and mini straws