- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 lb broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Brush the chicken with margarine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix remaining ingredients. Grill chicken, bone sides down, about 5 inches from medium coals 20 to 30 minutes; turn chicken. Grill 30 to 40 minutes longer, turning and brushing frequently with sauce, until done.
NotesBack in 1990 (i looked at the published date) I bought this little Betty Crocker booklet, that was by the check stand at the grocery store, called Barbecue Lovers' II. More than 15 yrs later and I still use it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce