- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 lb broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Brush the chicken with margarine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix remaining ingredients. Grill chicken, bone sides down, about 5 inches from medium coals 20 to 30 minutes; turn chicken. Grill 30 to 40 minutes longer, turning and brushing frequently with sauce, until done.
NotesBack in 1990 (i looked at the published date) I bought this little Betty Crocker booklet, that was by the check stand at the grocery store, called Barbecue Lovers' II. More than 15 yrs later and I still use it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Adventures in CookingSee More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More