- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup pastina pasta (or any small pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cubed chicken breast (1-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup diced onion (about 1/2 a small onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon butter, plus more for buttering the baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the pasta and cook until just tender, stirring occasionally, about 5
- minutes. Drain pasta into a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, put the olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add the onions and garlic,
- stirring to combine, and cook until the onions are soft and the
- chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes more.
- Put the chicken mixture into the bowl with the cooked pasta. Add the canned tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in a buttered 8 by 8 by 2-inch baking dish. In a small
- bowl mix together the bread crumbs and the Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle
- over the top of the pasta mixture. Dot the top with small bits of
- butter. Bake until the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
NotesItalian Baked Chicken and Pastina
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Get Cookin'See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More