- Cooking Time: 45-55
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAmy (cooknchic) gave me this recipe and I tweaked it a little by adding the garlic and Italian seasoning into the half a can of diced tomatoes! I also added the sprinkle of parmesan cheese. The pork chops are delicious and your house will smell wonderful when it is baking! It taste very Italiany! The black olives are totally optional! Myself and DS love the olives added to it but the rest of my family doesn't so I add some to half of the chops and not the others! Taste great either way! I add the olives after the chops are done baking!
- 6 pork chops-bone in
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic (in a jar)
- 1 envelope (0.7oz) dry Italian seasoning mix
- To taste: garlic salt, ground peppercorn, dry chopped onion (in a jar)
- Parmesan cheese for sprinkling top
- 12 black olives-cut in halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season both sides of pork chops with garlic salt, ground peppercorn, Italian seasoning mix and dry chopped onion. Rub into meat.
- In a sprayed 9x13 sprayed casserole dish layer half of diced tomatoes, and all pork chops. In the remaining diced tomatoes in the can add the minced garlic and remaining Italian seasoning mix. Mix well and add to the top of chops. Top with all of tomato sauce and a sprinke of parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake 45-55 minutes.
- Let meat rest about 15 minutes when finished. Top with olives.