- Cooking Time: 40 min.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
BackstoryGather family around the dinner table with a casserole that has all the delicious flavors of pizza.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional heated tomato pasta sauce, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir 1 1/4 cups pasta sauce into beef. Heat to boiling. Spoon into baking dish; top with mozzarella cheese.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and Parmesan cheese until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by 12 tablespoonfuls onto beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered 20 to 24 minutes or until topping is golden brown and toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean. Serve topped with additional warm pasta sauce.