- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- *1 boneless sirloin tip roast (~4lbs), halved - normally I just plop the entire thing in the crock pot cause it's frozen & all all other ingredients
- *2 envelopes Italian salad dressing mix - I use 3 of the Zesty Italian envelopes
- *2 cups water
- *1 jar (16oz) mild pepper rings, undrained. You can use hot is you want it more spicy - we don't normally add all the juice, DH doesn't like it much
- *1 onion, sliced & lightly coated with oil
- *Hoagie buns/Italian bagettes slice 1/2-way through
- Place roast in a slow cooker; add water & dry Italian dressing.
- Cover & cook on low for 8hrs OR on high for 5-6hrs, basically you want the meat to be tender and falling apart.
- Place sliced onion rings, separated from each other, on to a cookie sheet & roast/broil until tender or slightly crispy.
- If you don't want to lightly drizzle EVOO onto them, you can lightly srapy them with PAM cooking spray.
- Shred meat with fork, add pepper rings, add onions & heat through for another hour.
- Ready to serve!!
- CHEF'S NOTES:
- - I like to warm up velvetta cheese w/ a can of Rotel in my small crock & spoon the goodness on top of my sandwich.
- - You can also use shredded mozzarella cheese, but the velvetta reminds me of a Philly Cheesecake sandwich (even though i've never had one).
NotesI got this recipe from another knottie on the DFW Knot Board. It's a real crowd pleaser for Super Bowl or just when you have lots of peeps over at the house.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Foodie BabySee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More