- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 well-trimmed boneless beef top loin (strip) steaks, cut 1 inch thick (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 package (8 ounces) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons dry garlic herb & wine marinade mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F.
- 2. Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- 3. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Repeat with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining beef. Set aside; keep warm.
- 4. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in same skillet until hot. Add onion and carrots; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, tomatoes and marinade mix; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Return beef to skillet; heat through. Remove skillet from heat.
- 5. Spoon beef-vegetable mixture in 2-quart square baking dish. Unroll dough; cut lengthwise into 8 strips. Arrange 4 strips evenly in same direction over filling; top with remaining strips in opposite direction. Tuck overhanging ends of strips inside baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Makes 4 servings
- Nutrition information per serving: 485 calories; 22 g fat (7 g saturated fat;
- 5 g monounsaturated fat); 68 mg cholesterol; 1,416 mg sodium; 37 g carbohydrate; 2.9 g fiber; 33 g protein; 9.5 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 1.4 mcg vitamin B12; 4.0 mg iron; 34.4 mcg selenium; 5.1 mg zinc; 110.0 mg choline.
- This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, iron, zinc and choline; and a good source of fiber.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
50 Shades of TasteSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More