- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/4 lbs. mild or hot Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 large green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 (14 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 cups seasoned croutons
- 5 egg whites
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Crumble sausage and place in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until no longer pink, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and add bell pepper and onions; cook until onion is translucent, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms, garlic and oregano; cook till mushrooms are tender.
- Add tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Remover from heat. Stir in croutons; mix well. Spread sausage mixture in pan.
- Combine egg whites, eggs, milk and black pepper. Whisk until well blended and pour evenly over sausage mixture. Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes,or until top is golden brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More