1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
1 cup whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg white
2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
2 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts
1. Evenly press vanilla ice cream on the bottom of a 3-quart mold; freeze.
2. In a chilled medium bowl, whip 1/2 cup cream and vanilla until stiff; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whip egg white until soft peaks form; add sugar and beat until stiff. Fold egg white into whipped cream; add almonds and cherries. Spoon mixture over vanilla ice cream; freeze 2 hours, or until firm. Spread chocolate ice cream over egg white mixture; freeze 2 hours, or until firm.
4. In a chilled medium bowl, whip 1/2 cup cream until stiff; set aside.
5. Quickly dip mold into hot water (about 8 seconds). Invert onto chilled platter. Spread with whipped cream and sprinkle with pistachio nuts