- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream, softened
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachio nuts
- 1. Evenly press vanilla ice cream on the bottom of a 3-quart mold; freeze.
- 2. In a chilled medium bowl, whip 1/2 cup cream and vanilla until stiff; set aside.
- 3. In a small bowl, whip egg white until soft peaks form; add sugar and beat until stiff. Fold egg white into whipped cream; add almonds and cherries. Spoon mixture over vanilla ice cream; freeze 2 hours, or until firm. Spread chocolate ice cream over egg white mixture; freeze 2 hours, or until firm.
- 4. In a chilled medium bowl, whip 1/2 cup cream until stiff; set aside.
- 5. Quickly dip mold into hot water (about 8 seconds). Invert onto chilled platter. Spread with whipped cream and sprinkle with pistachio nuts
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More