- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1lb bag of pre-cooked, deveined and tail off shrimp
- 1 can Red Gold tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1 can plain tomatoe sauce
- 2tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 2-3 large button mushrooms, sliced and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper (or green)
- 1/4C white cooking wine
- fresh basil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: grated parmesan cheese
- 1 bag of baked Tostitos
- Thaw shrimp in fridge or under running water. Drain.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, add in garlic and saute a few minutes, until fragrant. Add in shrimp and white wine, cook until wine is reduced by about half.
- Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- Wipe skillet and spray with cooking spray, saute onions, pepper and zuchhini.
- When almost done add canned tomatoes and tomato sauce cook stirring occasionally until thickened slightly.
- Add in shrimp and juices, cook until thickened. Stir in fresh chopped basil right before you turn the heat off.
- Cool and refridgerate until ready to use.
- Serve with tortilla or pita chips.
- Depending on the size of your shrimp and chopped vegetables you may want to throw the mixture into a blender once it has cooled.
- Just process it for a few seconds.
- This just makes it easier to dip!
- If you're not counting calories (or points, WW 2pts. plus 2 for baked chips) add in the parmesan once the mixture has cooled.
NotesThis was a fantastic accidental recipe! I made the suace with all of the veggies and shrimp and served it with pasta one night. There wasn't enough left over for another full serving so I took the sauce with the chunky veggies and shrimp and tossed them in my magic bullet blender and made a great ceviche/salsa. It goes great with tortilla chips. Other chips would work great too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Get Fit With Good Food!
Cooking with SabraSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More