- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is something I just threw together sometime ago and it has been a requested meal many times by my family! Very easy and quick!
- 1 pd. boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders- cut into strips
- Vegetable oil to coat skillet
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic (I use the jar)
- 1 Tbls. Italian seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce- heated
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella chesse
- 1 Tbls. grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices Prosciutto ham- cut each slice in 1/2
- 4-6 large sandwich size pita bread- cut tops off
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning mix to chicken and rub into both sides of meat well. Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken. Remove from skillet and drain. Put strips of chicken into pita's. Spoon heated marinara sauce and mozzarella into each pita over chicken. Add pieces of prosciutto into pita and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees 6-10 minutes or until heated through.
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Chips Galore Cookies
Betty Crocker Spinach-Cheese BallsSee More