- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pd. boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders- cut into strips
- Vegetable oil to coat skillet
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic (I use the jar)
- 1 Tbls. Italian seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce- heated
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella chesse
- 1 Tbls. grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 slices Prosciutto ham- cut each slice in 1/2
- 4-6 large sandwich size pita bread- cut tops off
- Add salt, pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning mix to chicken and rub into both sides of meat well. Heat oil in skillet and brown chicken. Remove from skillet and drain. Put strips of chicken into pita's. Spoon heated marinara sauce and mozzarella into each pita over chicken. Add pieces of prosciutto into pita and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake at 350 degrees 6-10 minutes or until heated through.
NotesThis is something I just threw together sometime ago and it has been a requested meal many times by my family! Very easy and quick!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More