- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1-2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbsp capers, drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup chardonnay
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chiffonade
- 1 box Near East toasted pine nut couscous
- Rinse chicken, pat dry and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet heat 1 tbsp butter and a little EVOO over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until brown. Remove from pan and keep warm on a plate tented with foil.
- 2. In same pan add remaining butter and oil (if needed), onion and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes or until onions are soft. Add tomatoes and a little chicken broth while scraping browned bits from pan. Add olives, capers, salt and pepper to skillet. Let it come to a boil, reduce heat and cover pan. Let cook for about 3 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to package directions and substitute chicken broth for water. (May be a little short on broth so add water if needed) Stir together wine and cornstarch; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add chicken to pan and any juices that accumulated in the dish. Stir in basil. Let cook for 2 minutes more.
- 3. Serve 3 pieces of chicken per person with sauce over couscous.
NotesI love kalamata olives and try to use them whenever I can. Just discovered couscous and I think it's great. For this dish I sometimes use prebought bruschetta instead of the tomatoes when we have it on hand.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More