- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 OUNCES bittersweet chocolate
- 2 to 3 TBS milk, whole
- 6 1/2 OZS hazelnuts (about 1 cup)
- 4 egg whites
- 6 TBS sugar
- Toast the hazelnuts in a pan in a 300 degree oven for 10 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice.
- Put the hot nuts in a clean dish towel, bring up the edges to enclose them and rub them together inside the towel to remove the skins.
- Chop them coarsely.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place the chocolate and milk in a small saucepan over low heat to melt the chocolate.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Add the sugar and whip until the sugar dissolves.
- Fold the chocolate and and hazelnuts into the egg whites.
- Butter and flour a 10" round springform pan. Pour in the batter and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan, then open the pan and cut the brownies into 8 or ten wedges.
- These are very light and tasty.
NotesI got the recipe for these from Harvey Steinman's California Kitchen-he got the recipe from a friend in Italy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More