- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 OUNCES bittersweet chocolate
- 2 to 3 TBS milk, whole
- 6 1/2 OZS hazelnuts (about 1 cup)
- 4 egg whites
- 6 TBS sugar
- Toast the hazelnuts in a pan in a 300 degree oven for 10 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice.
- Put the hot nuts in a clean dish towel, bring up the edges to enclose them and rub them together inside the towel to remove the skins.
- Chop them coarsely.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
- Place the chocolate and milk in a small saucepan over low heat to melt the chocolate.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Add the sugar and whip until the sugar dissolves.
- Fold the chocolate and and hazelnuts into the egg whites.
- Butter and flour a 10" round springform pan. Pour in the batter and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan, then open the pan and cut the brownies into 8 or ten wedges.
- These are very light and tasty.
NotesI got the recipe for these from Harvey Steinman's California Kitchen-he got the recipe from a friend in Italy.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More