- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 pound butter
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 6 cups pastry flour
- 6 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 15 eggs, separated
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1-1/2 cup pecans, roasted and chopped
- Cream butter, oil, and sugar until fluffy. Add yolks in 3 parts, beating after each addition. Stir baking soda into buttermilk that is in a container at least 4 times its volume. Set aside.
- Add sifted flour into batter, alternating with buttermilk. Add vanilla, coconut, and nuts. Dust the nuts with flour before adding so they do not settle at the bottom.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Pour into prepared 8 or 9 inch cake pans that have been greased and lined with parchment. Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Cool and frost with your favorite cream cheese frosting. You can flavor the frosting with coffee if desired. Do not keep this cake out of refrigeration for more than 2 hours.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More