- Cooking Time: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 1/2 cups Crisco
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 3 1/2 ounce can coconut
- 5 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- Cream margarine and Crisco.
- Add sugar and beat until mixture is smooth. Add egg yolks and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and soda; add to creamed mixture alternating with buttermilk. Stir in vanilla.
- Add pecans and coconut. Fold in egg whites.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8 inch pans.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes
NotesI always make this for myself for my birthday!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Short & SweetSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More