- Cooking Time: 1 hr. 10 min.
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/2 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1 can (8 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 6 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers™ frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, or chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce and Italian seasoning. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package.
- In medium bowl, beat one of the eggs and the butter. Stir in fettuccine and mozzarella cheese. In ungreased 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate, spoon and press mixture evenly in bottom and up side of dish.
- In small bowl, mix cottage cheese and remaining egg; spread over fettuccine mixture in dish. Sprinkle with broccoli. Spoon beef mixture evenly over top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 30 minutes or until hot in center. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
NotesAdd an Italian twist to hamburger casserole. Tomatoes, fettuccine noodles and lots of cheese create a one-dish dinner complete with veggies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More