ITALIAN HERB BREAD
- Cooking Time: 35 min
- Preparation Time: 1:45
- 2 pkg yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 Tbs white sugar
- 1/4 c olive oil (extra virgin is best ALWAYS!)
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1 Tbs dry basil
- 1 Tbs dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 c grated cheese (asiago or parmesan)
- 6 c bread flour
- Personal preference
- Add any fresh herbs and fresh minced garlic
- You can adjust herbs to the amount you like (we change it up all the time)!
- Make it simple...
- Use Pizza Seasoning!
1. Mix yeast, warm water, and white sugar. Set aside for 5 min/until foamy.
2. Stir olive oil, salt, herbs, garlic and onion powder, (other herbs you prefer), cheese, 3 cups of bread flour into yeast. Gradually mix remaining 3 cups of flour (dough should be stiff)
3. Knead for 5-10 min (Kitchenaid about 7 min) or until the dough is smooth and rubbery. Place in an oiled bowl (use more olive oil) and cover with a moist towel. Turn to cover in oil. Allow to rise for 1 hour in a warm place (we are in Florida, so we just stick it outside).
4. Punch down the dough. Separate into 2 loaves on cookie sheet or 9x5 loaf pans. Allow to rise about 30 min.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 min. Let cool on racks for 15-20 minutes before removing from pans or slicing