Italian Herb Bread
Why I Love This Recipe
We got a Kitchenaid Stand Mixer as a wedding gift, and Sarah had always wanted to bake her own bread. After researching bread recipes, this is our take on Italian Herb Bread!
Ingredients You'll Need
2 pkg yeast
2 cups warm water
2 Tbs white sugar
1/4 c olive oil (extra virgin is best ALWAYS!)
1 Tbs salt
1 Tbs dry basil
1 Tbs dry oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 c grated cheese (asiago or parmesan)
6 c bread flour
Add any fresh herbs and fresh minced garlic
You can adjust herbs to the amount you like (we change it up all the time)!
Make it simple...
Use Pizza Seasoning!
1. Mix yeast, warm water, and white sugar. Set aside for 5 min/until foamy.
2. Stir olive oil, salt, herbs, garlic and onion powder, (other herbs you prefer), cheese, 3 cups of bread flour into yeast. Gradually mix remaining 3 cups of flour (dough should be stiff)
3. Knead for 5-10 min (Kitchenaid about 7 min) or until the dough is smooth and rubbery. Place in an oiled bowl (use more olive oil) and cover with a moist towel. Turn to cover in oil. Allow to rise for 1 hour in a warm place (we are in Florida, so we just stick it outside).
4. Punch down the dough. Separate into 2 loaves on cookie sheet or 9x5 loaf pans. Allow to rise about 30 min.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 min. Let cool on racks for 15-20 minutes before removing from pans or slicing
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Savory