ITALIAN HOT DOGS
- 3 medium-size red potatoes
- Vegetable oil for sautéing
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in chunks
- 1/2 large red onion, cut in chunks
- 6 hot dogs, sliced diagonally into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hoagie buns
Peel and cut potatoes into small thick slices or cubes.
In a pot of boiling, salted water, add the potatoes.
Blanch for a few minutes, but do not cook them. Drain and set aside.
In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil and sauté the green pepper and onion until soft, but not mushy. Add soy sauce to mixture.
Remove to a bowl; set aside.
In same fry pan add potatoes and fry in a little more oil until lightly browned.
Add the hot dogs, heat through and then add the onions and peppers.
Season with salt and pepper.
Serve hot on hoagie buns.