- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 medium-size red potatoes
- Vegetable oil for sautéing
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in chunks
- 1/2 large red onion, cut in chunks
- 6 hot dogs, sliced diagonally into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Hoagie buns
- Peel and cut potatoes into small thick slices or cubes.
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, add the potatoes.
- Blanch for a few minutes, but do not cook them. Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat vegetable oil and sauté the green pepper and onion until soft, but not mushy. Add soy sauce to mixture.
- Remove to a bowl; set aside.
- In same fry pan add potatoes and fry in a little more oil until lightly browned.
- Add the hot dogs, heat through and then add the onions and peppers.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot on hoagie buns.
NotesMy spin on hot dogs! I call it Italian because I've substituted the hot dogs for Italian sausage...Maybe I should call it Asian, since I use soy sauce...you decide...
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
MidLife Road Trip's
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More