- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14-ounce can tomatoes
- 2 6-ounce cans tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- Cook beef, onion, and garlic until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain fat and add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boiling and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Simmer, covered while spaghetti noodles cook.
- Remove bay leaf and serve over spaghetti.
NotesOne of my grandmother's recipes that I've tweaked. She uses 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, but I don't use it every time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More