- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14-ounce can tomatoes
- 2 6-ounce cans tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- Cook beef, onion, and garlic until meat is browned and onion is tender.
- Drain fat and add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boiling and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Simmer, covered while spaghetti noodles cook.
- Remove bay leaf and serve over spaghetti.
NotesOne of my grandmother's recipes that I've tweaked. She uses 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, but I don't use it every time.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More