- Cooking Time: 50-60 minutes
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese,softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I used the minced in a jar, 1 Tbls)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Mix together onions, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and ground beef. Roll into 1 inch diameter balls, and place in a baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F
- Arrange the bread cubes in a single layer in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning and black pepper until smooth. Spread this mixture over each bread cube. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the grated mozzarella cheese.
- In a large bowl, mix together spaghetti sauce, water, and garlic. Gently stir in meatballs. Pour over the bread and cheese mixture in the baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
NotesOMGoodness! This dish is sooooo delicious! The recipe called for 1 inch meatballs, but look at mine! I went a little overboard! My spaghetti sauce was the chunky tomato, onion, garlic! Use a deeper 13x9 casserole dish if you have one! Instead of Italian seasoned bread crumbs, I crushed Italian seasoned croutons! Yum! Recipe came from Taste Of Home and photo by me!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More