- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken flavor bouillon
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) evaporated fat free milk, divided
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Chopped fresh parsley
- COMBINE turkey, onion, herb seasoning and salt in large bowl; form mixture into 24 one-inch meatballs.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add meatballs; cook, turning occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned on all sides. Reduce heat to low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove meatballs from skillet; keep warm.
- ADD bell peppers, mushrooms, garlic and bouillon to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Combine 1 tablespoon evaporated milk and flour in small bowl; add to skillet. Gradually stir in remaining evaporated milk; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add meatballs to skillet; stir to coat. Serve over rice. Garnish with parsley.