- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryServe these in your favorite tomato sauce with spaghetti or in meatball sub sandwiches...
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 12 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Olive oil for frying
- Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shape mixture into meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet.
- Brown the meatballs well on all sides, cooking them in batches. Don't overcrowd.
- Remove from the skillet onto a plate until all are done browning.
- Use meatballs in your favorite sauce recipe, served with spaghetti or meatball subs.
- For subs, top with mozarella and broil to melt the cheese.