- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: About 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until thick.
- Stir in the melted butter and vanilla.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder, and blend into the batter until smooth.
- Heat the pizzelle iron, and brush with oil.
- Drop about one tablespoon of batter onto each circle on the iron.
- You may need to experiment with the amount of batter and baking time depending on the iron.
- Bake for 20 to 45 seconds, or until steam is no longer coming out of the iron. Carefully remove cookies from the iron. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
NotesI learned about pizzelle from my wife's Sicilian family. They were regular inclusions in the care packages her Aunt sent to her in college. I prefer them without the anise flavoring myself -- just dusted with some powdered sugar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More