- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 (16 ounce) package cooked tri-color spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup thinly diced carrots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced, or use cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1 can large black olives sliced
- 1 jar marinated mushrooms, Italian style, sliced
- 1 bottle Italian-style salad dressing (we use Bernstein’s Restaurant Recipe)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or cubed mozzarella
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until al dente. Rinse under cold water, and drain. Mix chopped carrots, celery, cucumber, green pepper, tomatoes, onion, olives, and mushrooms together in large bowl. Combine cooled pasta and vegetables together in large bowl. Pour about 1/4 to 1/2 of the Italian dressing over mixture and mix well. Chill for at least one hour before serving. Add cheese just before serving, and let people add the dressing to their own taste.
- Try to use whatever you have on hand; artichokes, broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, ham, salami, pepperoni, feta cheese, or provolone are great too. I have also used vinegar and oil with herbs instead of the dressing.
NotesMy husband is not a big fan of vegetables, but he will eat loads of this stuff!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More