- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 (16 ounce) package cooked tri-color spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup thinly diced carrots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced, or use cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1 can large black olives sliced
- 1 jar marinated mushrooms, Italian style, sliced
- 1 bottle Italian-style salad dressing (we use Bernstein’s Restaurant Recipe)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese or cubed mozzarella
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until al dente. Rinse under cold water, and drain. Mix chopped carrots, celery, cucumber, green pepper, tomatoes, onion, olives, and mushrooms together in large bowl. Combine cooled pasta and vegetables together in large bowl. Pour about 1/4 to 1/2 of the Italian dressing over mixture and mix well. Chill for at least one hour before serving. Add cheese just before serving, and let people add the dressing to their own taste.
- Try to use whatever you have on hand; artichokes, broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes, ham, salami, pepperoni, feta cheese, or provolone are great too. I have also used vinegar and oil with herbs instead of the dressing.
NotesMy husband is not a big fan of vegetables, but he will eat loads of this stuff!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Diabetic Ramen Soup
Super Seedy FlapjackSee More