- Cooking Time: 15-18
- Servings: 36 cookies
- Preparation Time: 15
- • 12 ounces almond paste
- • 1/2 cup white sugar
- • 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- • 4 egg whites
- • 1 1/2 cups pine nuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper; lightly grease.
- 2. Mix almond paste and granulated sugar in food processor until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar and 2 egg whites; process until smooth.
- 3. Whisk remaining 2 egg whites in small bowl. Place pine nuts on shallow plate. With lightly floured hands roll dough into 1 inch balls. Coat balls in egg whites, shaking off excess, then roll in pine nuts, pressing lightly to stick. Arrange balls on cookie sheets, and flatten slightly to form a 1 1/2 inch round.
- 4. Bake 15 to 18 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Let stand on cookie sheet 1 minute. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
NotesThis is a recipe I make every year at Christmas for my family. When we first moved to Savannah, Ga. from NY, you could not find any Italian foods. My father loved these cookies so I surprised him the first Christmas in Savannah, and have made them every year since 1968. They are still a family favorite!
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More