- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 6" hot or mild Italian sausages
- 1 green bell pepper, cut lengthwise into quarters, stems and seeds discarded
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 pita breads
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup prepared marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian blend cheese
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Place sausage links on center of grid over medium coals; arrange bell pepper and onion around sausages. Grill on covered grill 7 minutes. Turn sausages and vegetables; grill 8 to 9 minutes or until sausages are cooked through and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Brush pita breads on one side with oil. Place on grid at edge of coals; grill until soft.
- Meanwhile, combine marinara sauce, basil and oregano in small saucepan. Simmer over medium-low heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Cut sausages in half lengthwise. Cut bell pepper into strips and separate onion slices into rings.
- Divide sausages, bell pepper and onion among pita breads. Top with sauce and cheese. Fold pita breads in half.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More