- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage, casings discarded and sausage crumbled
- 2 cups Kale, tough stems and center ribs discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lb Fettuccine pasta
- 3/4 c Chicken Broth
- 1/4 c Dry White Wine
- 2 oz Finely grated Romano cheese
- *Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking
- *Cook sausage, breaking up any lumps with a spoon until browned (approximately 5-8 minutes)
- *Blanch Kale in 6 quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered (5-7 minutes or until desired texture).
- *Remove Kale with a large sieve and drain.
- *Return cooking water to pot and bring to a boil
- *Cook pasta in the Kale water, uncovered, until al dente.
- *Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain pasta in a colander.
- *While pasta cooks, add Kale to sausage in skillet and sauté until just tender (about 5 minutes).
- *Add broth and wine, stirring and scraping up any bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- *Add pasta and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to skillet, tossing until combined.
- * Stir in cheese and thin with additional water if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More