- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage, casings discarded and sausage crumbled
- 2 cups Kale, tough stems and center ribs discarded and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lb Fettuccine pasta
- 3/4 c Chicken Broth
- 1/4 c Dry White Wine
- 2 oz Finely grated Romano cheese
- *Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking
- *Cook sausage, breaking up any lumps with a spoon until browned (approximately 5-8 minutes)
- *Blanch Kale in 6 quart pot of boiling salted water, uncovered (5-7 minutes or until desired texture).
- *Remove Kale with a large sieve and drain.
- *Return cooking water to pot and bring to a boil
- *Cook pasta in the Kale water, uncovered, until al dente.
- *Reserve 1 cup pasta water, then drain pasta in a colander.
- *While pasta cooks, add Kale to sausage in skillet and sauté until just tender (about 5 minutes).
- *Add broth and wine, stirring and scraping up any bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- *Add pasta and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water to skillet, tossing until combined.
- * Stir in cheese and thin with additional water if desired.
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Fun appetizers and snacksSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More