- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8 to 10
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb. hot (spicy) Italian ground bulk sausage
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 -15 oz can tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 carrots, cut in circles
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 pkg. of frozen cheese ravioli
- Brown and cook bulk sausage until cooked through.
- Drain fat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook several minutes longer.
- Add liquid ingredients and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer and simmer uncovered to 30 minutes.
- Add ravioli cover and simmer another 10 to 15 minutes until the ravioli rises to the top of the soup.
NotesI found a basic recipe in a Cooking for 2 magazine. I changed the portions and many of the ingredients and came up with a tasty and hearty soup for a bigger family or for leftovers to freeze later.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More