- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. bulk Italian sausage (sweet or hot)
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, packed in oil(sun-dried)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 slices provolone cheese
- Pizza Sauce, for dipping
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough or homemade (See recipe Dough for Italian Sausage Roll )
- For filling, sauté sausage, veggies, and seasonings until the sausage is no longer pink and the liquid has evaporated from the pan. Add tomatoes and 1/2 cup of Pizza Sauce.
- Roll out bread dough to a large rectangle (stopping once in a while to let the dough rest). Spread filling up to 1-inch from the sides of the dough. Top with cheese. Turn ends of dough in, the roll “jelly roll” fashion. Seal seams using a little water and pinching them closed.
- Place roll, seam side down, on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Let rest 30 to 45 minutes, covered.
- Bake in 350 degrees F. oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until loaf is golden brown. Cool at least 30 minutes before slicing. Serve roll placed on a board with a knife to cut off slices. Pass heated pizza sauce for dipping. Yield: 6 servings
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Picnic Chicken SaladSee More