- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound Italian sausage 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (may use beef instead) 2 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cubed potato
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can great Northern beans, undrained 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups fresh spinach - packed, rinsed and torn (may use 1 pkg. frozen spinach) 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- (optional) small noodles or pasta
- 1. In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes, carrots, onion, potato, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. 2. Stir in beans with liquid and zucchini. Cover, and simmer another 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- 3. Remove from heat, and add fresh spinach. Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves. Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.
- 4. If using frozen spinach, allow an extra 10 minutes of simmering on the stovetop before removing.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Cooking for a CureSee More
Paul’s Chicken Marsala Modified from www.allrecipes.com
Smiling Jack SandwichSee More