- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- * 8 ounces hot or sweet turkey Italian sausage
- * 2 cups fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- * 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- * 1/2 cup uncooked small shell pasta
- * 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- * 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan or Romano cheese
- * 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Remove casings from sausage. Add sausage to pan and cook about 5 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Drain; return to pan.
- While the sausage is browning, start a separate pot and boil water for pasta. Salt the water and cook the pasta until al dente.
- Add broth and tomatoes to the saucepan with the sausage in it and bring to a boil over over high heat. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in spinach until wilted.
- Add desired amount of pasta to the bottom of a soup bowl and ladle sausage soup on top. Sprinkle each serving with cheese and basil.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More