- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 lb Italian pork sausage
- 2 big handfuls fresh baby spinach
- 8 smallish button mushrooms, chopped
- 6 oil packed, sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 TBLS oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 C onion, diced
- 1/3 C shredded parmesan
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 C shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 C shredded provolone
- big splash dry white wine
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 C half & half
- 1 9in unbaked pie shell
- 1 TBLS butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Brush melted butter over unbaked pie shell and refrigerate 30 minutes, or until filling is ready.
- In large skillet, brown Italian sausage
- When no longer pink, drain and set aside.
- Add 2 TBLS of oil from sun dried tomato jar to skillet.
- Saute onion & garlic until translucent.
- Add mushroom & sun-dried tomatoes, cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Add a big splash of dry white wine.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is wilted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, half & half, salt & pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Get butter brushed pie shell from fridge.
- Sprinkle sausage evenly in the bottom of the pie shell.
- Evenly cover sausage with vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan, mozzarella and provolone evenly over vegetables.
- Pour egg mixture over everything.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 325F and bake for 25 more minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set.
- Allow to set for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
NotesThis was my first entry to a BakeSpace challenge. We needed to include spinach, tomato, pork, parmesan, mushroom & onion. This is what I came up with! It's definitely a keeper!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More