- Cooking Time: 60 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 1 lb. portion of any whole wheat dough
- 1 cup cooked Italian sausage, crumbled or chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. each red pepper flakes, oregano, and dried basil, mixed
- olive oil
- Grease a loaf pan (I always line it with parchment, too).
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with cheese, spinach, basil, and sausage.
- Roll dough over the fillings, pinching seam and ends shut and folding them over.
- Place the roll, seam side down, into the prepare pan and let rest for 60 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and when ready to bake, brush the loaf with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with spice mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for one hour or until top is browned and bread is firm.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temp.
Notesadapted from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day: 100 New Recipes Featuring Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, and Gluten-Free Ingredients
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More