- Cooking Time: 60 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 1 lb. portion of any whole wheat dough
- 1 cup cooked Italian sausage, crumbled or chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. each red pepper flakes, oregano, and dried basil, mixed
- olive oil
- Grease a loaf pan (I always line it with parchment, too).
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with cheese, spinach, basil, and sausage.
- Roll dough over the fillings, pinching seam and ends shut and folding them over.
- Place the roll, seam side down, into the prepare pan and let rest for 60 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and when ready to bake, brush the loaf with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with spice mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for one hour or until top is browned and bread is firm.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temp.
Notesadapted from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day: 100 New Recipes Featuring Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, and Gluten-Free Ingredients
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More