- Cooking Time: 60 min.
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 1 lb. portion of any whole wheat dough
- 1 cup cooked Italian sausage, crumbled or chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp. each red pepper flakes, oregano, and dried basil, mixed
- olive oil
- Grease a loaf pan (I always line it with parchment, too).
- On a floured work surface, roll the dough into a rectangle about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with cheese, spinach, basil, and sausage.
- Roll dough over the fillings, pinching seam and ends shut and folding them over.
- Place the roll, seam side down, into the prepare pan and let rest for 60 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and when ready to bake, brush the loaf with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with spice mixture and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for one hour or until top is browned and bread is firm.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temp.
Notesadapted from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day: 100 New Recipes Featuring Whole Grains, Fruits, Vegetables, and Gluten-Free Ingredients
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More