- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion, garlic and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt and basil. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
NotesThis is from the Taste of Home Simple & Delicious (Sept/Oct 2007).
This is really good, but don't make the same mistake I did - make sure to drain the tomatoes really good or it will be really soupy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More