- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is from the Taste of Home Simple & Delicious (Sept/Oct 2007).
This is really good, but don't make the same mistake I did - make sure to drain the tomatoes really good or it will be really soupy.
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook the sausage, onion, garlic and pepper flakes over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cream, salt and basil. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 6-8 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; toss with sausage mixture.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.